In our homeschool this week… We are only working on math and reading right now. With the pending move our start date will be pushed back to August 1st but the basics happen every day that daddy works. It is just a nice schedule to keep them on. We finished our Summer Reading requirements and got our rewards from the library. Including lots of freebies for our area. The kids all had to read 20 books and visit the library 4 times. In the words of Emma, "easy peasy!"
I am inspired by… Pinterest! It has been my life saver! It is full of great indoor activities and decorative ideas. It is a dangerous place when dreaming of a new home. The race track {below} idea came from pinterest. The kids went down for a nap and when they woke up the road went from their bedroom doors to the kitchen and everywhere inbetween!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… On Wednesday I was blessed to spend the evening with some amazing women that I have met through our church. It was a night to share and be blessed and to pray for each other. It was a time that was greatly needed. Other than that we have had trips to the splash pad, trips to the library, haircuts all around, a few new summer clothes from Old Navy and breakfast at Chick-fil-a for momma's birthday!
My favorite thing this week was…I have been getting up every morning about 5 to walk and it has been a great new habit. I have so much more energy throughout the day and the peace and time to think and pray is wonderful. It's just a mile or so walk but it makes a huge difference in my day.
Questions/thoughts I have…We have been having LOTS of character training opportunities lately...I'd take any advice you can offer.
Things I’m working on… packing and downsizing by half...I started with the art cupboard.
I’m reading…Bringing up Girls and The Strong Will Child by Dr. Dobson
The Red Tent for book club
And The World of Pooh as our current read aloud.
![]() |
| art project for the week...idea from pinterest |







5 comments:
Congrats on the move! Pinterest is so addicting and there are some wonderful ideas. I love the road!! I am working on cleaning out our homeschool room as well. It is wild to see all the stuff that can accumulate. :) Have a great weekend!!
Pinterest is most definitely a HUGE inspiration for me too! I am very easily hooked (for way longer than I should be) when I'm on there. I only look at night now when every one is in bed!
Thanks for the morning walk inspiration! I need to do that too! Did you just put the crayons out in the hot sun n let them melt on tin foil? We have TONS of old crayons to use up!
We did just put them in the sun on construction paper. It was a fun craft/science activity.
The new house is beautiful! Blessings as you prepare for the move:)
I love Pinterest too, but I have to watch out or I lose all track of time!
We're going to try the crayon art. It's definitely hot enough! We're on the OK/AR border, so we're feeling it here too!
Post a Comment